Have you read?
Electric cars, Events, Fuel Economy, Green Automotive, Green News, News Vehicles, Small Cars, Used Vehicles
- Report: Porsche Macan to get four-cylinder engines
- First Drive: 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder [w/video]
- Teased: Hyundai previews Intrado fuel-cell crossover concept
- Two Wheels: Agility Saietta R gets Clean & Cool in Colorado, promises to come back soon [w/video]
- Official: Six Nissan Leaf EVs power an office in Japan
- Official: Car2go raises carsharing prices in most North American cities
- Report: Lexus pushing upmarket as others move down, LF-LC production hinted [w/video]
- Tesla not bought with Bitcoin currency after all?
- Motorsports: DiCaprio, Venturi team up for final Formula E entry
- Official: More than 700 people have pre-ordered the single-seat Colibri EV
- Report: Renault readying 141-mpg PHEV for Geneva, expects 250-mile EVs by 2020
- Study: Diesel exhaust causes 6% of all lung cancer deaths
- Study: Globally, most engines will displace 1.0-1.9-liters by next year, 52% by 2020
- Official: Toyota will license WiTricity wireless charging tech for upcoming EVs
- Report: Ford open to diesel, hybrid or electric Mustang? [w/poll]
If I told you a few years ago that a medium-sized sedan would get a 1.6-liter diesel engine, you might have thought that I was crazy. However, Peugeot is on to something since they put a 1.6-liter 110hp HDi diesel in the Peugeot 407, getting a relatively large car that burns just 4.9 l/100 km of diesel (equivalent to 48 mpg)...
We knew that Toyota was planning to keep the current Prius around for a little while longer to properly do battle with the new Honda Insight, which costs a few thousand dollars (or a few million yen) less. We assumed that Toyota would at least match the Insight’s asking price with its new-old Prius, and now it’s official...