Have you read?
Electric cars, Events, Fuel Economy, Green Automotive, Green News, News Vehicles, Small Cars, Used Vehicles
- Infiniti to get Leaf-based electric sedan after all
- Report: Hyundai readying Juke rival with ‘edgy, dynamic styling’ for 2017
- Official: 8 automakers, 15 utilities collaborate on open smart-charging for EVs
- Official: MyCarma surpasses crowdfunding goal of $25,000
- Report: Consumer Reports calls on Toyota to recall older Camry Hybrid models
- Official: Tesla, Panasonic officially partner up for Gigafactory
- Official: Chevy Volt ‘acceptable,’ Nissan Leaf ‘poor’ in new IIHS safety tests
- Report: Elon Musk to get spot on The Simpsons
- Exclusive: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV sales reach 33,000 worldwide
- Report: Icon Helios streamliner with Tesla bones is a dream we don’t want to wake from
- Rumormill: 2016 Chevy Volt to make auto show debut this season
- Recharge Wrap-Up: Georgia lawyers love the Nissan Leaf, 2B vehicles by 2035
- Quick Spin: 2014 Nissan Frontier Diesel Mule [w/poll]
- Report: Audi readying diesel PHEV models for US and Europe
- Motorsports: Refuel 2014: Shane Turpin sets SportElectric TT record aboard Brammo Empulse RR [w/video]
If I told you a few years ago that a medium-sized sedan would get a 1.6-liter diesel engine, you might have thought that I was crazy. However, Peugeot is on to something since they put a 1.6-liter 110hp HDi diesel in the Peugeot 407, getting a relatively large car that burns just 4.9 l/100 km of diesel (equivalent to 48 mpg)...
We knew that Toyota was planning to keep the current Prius around for a little while longer to properly do battle with the new Honda Insight, which costs a few thousand dollars (or a few million yen) less. We assumed that Toyota would at least match the Insight’s asking price with its new-old Prius, and now it’s official...