Have you read?
Electric cars, Events, Fuel Economy, Green Automotive, Green News, News Vehicles, Small Cars, Used Vehicles
- Video: 2014 Cadillac ELR whirs into Jay Leno’s Garage
- Official: Elon Musk confirms Tesla Model S battery swaps, demo coming this week
- Video: Yokohama HER-02 trying for another EV climb record at Pikes Peak
- Official: Silex says first ‘HyperCharging’ stations will be available next year
- Official: U of M researcher says plug-ins, hydrogen cars are ‘no carbon cure-all’
- Official: Ford cuts production emissions by 37% per vehicle since 2000
- Official: US DOE ready with $9m in grants for fuel-cell advances
- Video: Matte Graphite Tesla Model S rolls into station with $11 gas
- Two Wheels: Crossing the continent: electric motorcycles race across America
- Read This: Internal documents show Fisker lost $35,000 on each Karma
- Report: GM still talking about 300-mile EVs with high energy density batteries
- Study: CR says higher CAFE standards will save car buyers $4,600
- Official: Prius, Smart generate lowest economic, social, green costs
- Report: Miles EV files for bankruptcy alongside Coda’s troubles
- Report: After Obama fundraiser fall-out, Paul Scott will use refund to buy EV gifts
If I told you a few years ago that a medium-sized sedan would get a 1.6-liter diesel engine, you might have thought that I was crazy. However, Peugeot is on to something since they put a 1.6-liter 110hp HDi diesel in the Peugeot 407, getting a relatively large car that burns just 4.9 l/100 km of diesel (equivalent to 48 mpg)...
We knew that Toyota was planning to keep the current Prius around for a little while longer to properly do battle with the new Honda Insight, which costs a few thousand dollars (or a few million yen) less. We assumed that Toyota would at least match the Insight’s asking price with its new-old Prius, and now it’s official...